The Swag Spend Account is a feature within Swag that enables employees to manage their money at no additional cost.
The Swag Spend Account also includes a Visa debit card that is linked to your Swag Spend Account digital transaction account, and can be used with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Costs may be associated with using the Swag Spend Account Visa debit card and InstaPay.
- Open your Swag app.
- Tap on the Money icon.
- Tap Set up now.
- Swag will display some benefits and eligibility criteria for a Swag Spend account. If you are eligible and ready to set up your Swag Spend account, tap Let's go!
You need to be 16 years or older, an Australian citizen or resident, and you need a valid Australian driver’s licence or valid Australian passport to be eligible for a Swag Spend Account. Expired driver's licences and passports cannot be used for a Swag Spend Account.
- Select if you have any tax obligations outside of Australia.
- Add your mobile phone number, then tap Next.
You can use a passport that has been expired for 3 years or less, and you can also use an expired driver's licence as a valid identity document, except for expired Tasmanian licences. You can use expired WA licences for 6 months after expiry.
- Add your date of birth, then tap Next.
It is important to fill in your name exactly as it appears on your identity document, including middle name, middle initial and matching upper case; otherwise the application will be rejected. Please see: Why was my Swag Spend Account application unsuccessful?
- Confirm your full name, mobile number, residental address and date of birth, then tap Next.
- Tap Confirm.
It is important to fill in your address exactly as it appears on your identity document; otherwise the application will be rejected. Please see: Why was my Swag Spend Account application unsuccessful?
If your identity document shows an outdated address, add in the address details as per the document, as you can update this later in the application process.
- Next, verify your identity. Choose Australian passport or Australian driver’s licence
- Add your Australian passport or Australian driver's licence details exactly as they appear on the document, then tap Next.
- Tap Online verification terms to read, then tap Done. Once you’ve read and consented to the online verification terms, tick the consent box, then tap Submit.
- Your application will then be verified, and if successful, will display this screen.
- If your application was unsuccessful, see Why was my Swag Spend Account application unsuccessful? for troubleshooting. Click Next to add money to your Swag Spend Account and set up Pay Split.
- Swag Spend Account offers a Visa debit card that is linked to your Swag Spend digital transaction account. You can also add your card to your mobile wallet via Google Pay or Apple Pay.
- First, set up a PIN for your Swag Spend Account with a secure 4-digit number. You will need to add your new PIN, then repeat the PIN to confirm.
- Confirm the postal address where you would like your card sent. If you need to edit your mailing address, click the pencil icon to edit.
- Click Send my card.
- You will receive confirmation that your Swag Spend Account Visa debit card has been issued.
Your Swag Spend Account Visa debit card will take 7-10 business days to be delivered to your mailing address.
- Click Next to set up Apple Pay or Google Pay.